Wednesday 22 April 2009

Facebook


Living in this internet time it´s so easy to lose important things in life...everyday more we are living virtual relationships with friends, family and even love affairs. I personally have a facebook, orkut, blogs and 3 different emails, time by time I have to ask myself if I am not changing real life for a virtual life...if I am meeting the people that I love and spending a good time with them or if I am just sending funny emails, fast sms´s or writing them a scrap in facebook or wherever.

The facebook is a good way to keep in touch with people you know or even to create new relations... but cannot be enough. It´s true that many friendship are made in chat rooms and also couples are happy for many years already. But like everything in life...Too much is too much! I had one roommate who use to send me email about something when he was just in the same room as me... “ well, is much easier if I am already in front of the pc”, he said so!

On my birthday I was waiting all day some phone calls and nothing, after I saw my facebook and was there a lot of messages including from my family, that just made me angry. The internet also makes people distant from each other... I have some nice virtual friends ... but nothing like a real conversation, looking in the eyes... right?

No comments: