Saturday 31 October 2009

Latinos are better than Czechs


What did you just say? Latinos are better than Czech?

…did the headline of my today´s article make you uncomfortable?

…well, well, well… somehow it makes me feel uncomfortable, too – and a lot!

First of all I want to say that I'm not here to put down the Latinos, would be a suicide, I´m here to make Czechs think about their pride. I'm always surprised and upset with the way Czechs think about Latin people - full of mistakes and general stereotypes.

I know, the cultures of Latin-Amerika and Central Europe are incredibly different. Sometimes the Latin culture than the Central European, sometimes it is the opposite. Easy example – sometimes, it looks like we were more happy, maybe we are, the weather helps us, so we dance, sing, go out to meet friends more often and on great sun shining days, but that does not make us better than the others.

I wonder why the Czech musician needs to change his name Pavel to Paulo to sell himself better, just because he plays Brazilian music. Yes, if he says that he is Czech he won’t have work, to play Brazilian music you cannot be Czech. How could you?

…you would not be good enough, right?
NO. WTF!
What if I tell you that maybe he is better than the Brazilian would ever be – would you be surprised???

Ok, then people might say: Oh, but Latinos have nice color skin and they are so hot!
For those I have just one thing to say:FUCK OFF!:)

…come on people… I am talking about your PRIDE, about Czech artists that works very hard to do a good job! Some “stereotype people” come to me with their burning desire and physical attraction for Latinos pushing down the performance of the “non latin” ones…Let me tell you – the thing that people come from Latin America does not make them any better as you…

I Work with dance, samba, I have dancers from different nationalities, and to be honest, my Czechs dancers are as good as the Brazilians, plus they have better discipline and are more responsible. I believe there is a big mistake to focus more Latin than the Czechs. Come on people, where's your pride? It's time to change the concept, to learn that you are good, in music, dance and whatever you want to – just do it with full will and give your energy to it! In my group and my classes for example, samba is for everyone. Fun, happiness, charisma and good mood are not the privilege of Latin America.

Clap your hands for your people when they get involved in some Latin project, be proud of the Czech musicians or dancers performing among the Latin’s.

Remember always that any original stuff give us guarantee of quality.


No comments: