Wednesday 22 April 2009

Playing...


As you know, Brazilians are very into music and consequently dance. As many of my students keep asking who are the singers and groups I play during my samba lessons he is some names and tips about them.

Ivete Sangalo is the queen of Axé nowadays but this position, for me, she has to share with Daniela Mercury who started before Ivete and has a lot of awards and international career with 12 millions albums sold worldwide plus 8 millions only in Brazil. Both of them comes from Bahia and have a incredible vocal capacity and you can see all biography and discography in English at Wikipedia.

Mart´nalia, who is my new affair, one of my favourite cds is the one Live in Berlin. She has a famous father, Martinho da Villa, a samba singer also very good that I use to play time by time.

Elza Soares, Jesus...this one is incredible…she is 71 years old and still performing in her best with a unique voice that Louis Armstrong used to call her: My Daughter.

Also, I like use to play Roberta Sá, É o than, Margareth Menezes, Beth Carvalho, Olodum, Timbalada, Alcione, Fernanda Abreu, Carlinhos Brown, Monobloco, Zeca Pagodinho, Jorge Aragao...

Well...are many great things I use during my lessons… with the names you can find in internet more about them. After, I will bring you another list of Brazilian singers that I do not play on my lessons.

Have Fun!

No comments: